Saturday 12 October 2013

It's time to Break the Law......


Alaska...

"It is an offence to push a live Moose out of a moving Plane..."

This presumably does not mean a Chocolate Mousse - but the big animal variety. I would have thought that getting it up the steps in the first place would have been tough enough let alone pushing it out of the door whilst in flight...

On our little planet, a mere speck of dust in the vastness of the cosmos, we humans have decided to control each other with Rules, Regulations and Laws...

Most rules and regulations are defined to prevent us from doing something - there are very few that encourage us to act - we are all about prevention not motivation...

Arizona...

"It is illegal for a Donkey to sleep in an bath tub..."

I see nothing wrong with this - note that there is nothing illegal about a Donkey bathing in a tub - it's only if he falls asleep that the problem arises.

Again, it's not the bathtub that would worry me - but what the neighbours would say here in France at the sight of an Englishman encouraging a Donkey into the en suite...

Remember that most preventative rules are designed only after the event, when someone has actually got a Donkey to sleep in a bathtub in Arizona for example; someone makes a rule that it shouldn't be done again - and better still there will be consequences if it does...

Hawaii...

"It is illegal to insert your pennies into your wife's ear..."

Yes I had to read that twice too... 

I tried this and failed miserably, Lynn was not amused I can tell you - then I read the text properly and tried using coins instead; Lynn was still not amused but as we were in Starbucks at the time I think she was quietly relieved...

These are just a sample of some of the bizarre rules and laws that we humans like to use to keep everything under control. In addition to these actual laws plenty of us are really good at creating our own laws that prevent us for doing things, and then we use them as evidence in our own minds to justify our situation or results...

These self imposed Laws tend to start with the prefix - The Laws of;

I can't, I don't or I'm not

Examples;

I can't afford it...

I don't have time...

I'm not clever enough...

I don't know how...

I'm not old enough...

I can't go into business; I have children...


Man made laws are imposed by men - some of them are very helpful too.

These self made Laws and imposed on us by ourselves - and as we are the person we trust the most and listen to most intently, we comply with them without question...

For years I believed that to be successful I needed a Degree - the silver spooned "Student Engineers" who got preferential treatment over and above us mere "Apprentices" confirmed my argument so I designed a self inflicted prevention Law that stated;

I Can't be Successful without a Degree... 

This Law had to be complied with - at least in my own mind...

So I decided to over compensate in order to comply - here is what I did at Night School..

6 Years - HNC in Engineering
1 Year -  Diploma in Packaging (yes there really is a Diploma in that...)
2 years - Post Graduate Diploma in Management
3 Years - Master of Business Administration - with Distinction if you don't mind... 

When I got my "degree" I gave myself permission to be successful - I had complied with my self imposed Law.

Problem was - the Law isn't true - no one needs a Degree in order top be successful, but no one told me that and I even had evidence to the contrary...

What Laws are you imposing on yourself...?

What evidence have you been presented with that is helping your Law Enforcement to to keep you from being more amazing than you are at the moment..?

To change a Self Imposed Law - simply look for different evidence and change the Rules...

Go to Workshops, read books (mine preferably...) and hang out with people who believe more in your future than perhaps you do yourself...

It's time to Break the Law...

If you'd like to break some of the Laws - come along to our event in the UK Birmingham on the 25th October 2013...

Special rates for anyone responding to this Blog Post - and I guarantee you'll have a great day at the Entrepreneur Masterclass...

And remember - the Law of
I Can't make it
no longer applies to you...

Email me at davidholland@resultsrulesok.com or drop me a note on Facebook, LinkedIn or Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment