Sunday 19 January 2014

Are you a Believer...?

I think therefore I am - Rene Descartes

Humans have both the ability and need to believe in the abstract, invisible and intangible. It helps us make sense of the world around us; where there is no answer to a question we have, we create an answer and form belief patterns around what we create..

Once a belief is developed, our behaviour and attitude become consistent with that belief such that if nothing else the structure of the belief system becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

Not only do we behave in a way that is consistent with our beliefs, but we will seek out evidence that supports and reinforces the belief in such a way that we begin to rationally justify our abstract answers. In other words, we select the evidence we choose to support the belief we want to uphold.

If I believe that drivers of BMW X5's are arrogant and dangerous - then guess what I will start to see...

If I believe that drivers of BMW X5's are courteous and polite - then guess what I will start to see...

Either is true, simply because I select evidence to make it true - it becomes true for me...

When it comes to beliefs around achievement, leadership and success - the same applies. If I have a belief that either empowers me or limits me, then my behaviour will be consistent with that belief and the evidence to justify it will be forthcoming...

In mild forms it affects us when it comes to Selling, Presenting or taking on a new Project. In extreme forms beliefs underpin radicalism, racism and sexism...

Beliefs are based around the questions we ask and the evidence we choose to see - in order to have a positive belief you will need to ask positive questions and choose evidence that supports the belief that will empower you not hold you back..

Choose your Gods with care...

I once did a presentation at a Networking Event...

Before the event I asked people for their permission to do a Psychic Cold Reading for them using Tarot Cards - those that volunteered, had a detailed prediction made for them about the year ahead and their challenges and opportunities...

Of the people having the reports - around 90% said that the contents were either accurate or very accurate...

Now - Tarot Cards do not predict the future any more than throwing chicken bones in to the air on Halloween - unless you BELIEVE they do...

The Readings were accurate for everyone because they wanted them to be, they volunteered and therefore had a pre disposition to belief in the Tarot - whatever they said would be true for them...

If you'd like a FREE copy of the Psychic Tarot Reading - to see if it makes sense to you as well - just drop me a note and I will send it over - be interesting to see how accurate it is for you too...

2 comments: