Monday 25 November 2013

Fighting for Air...

You can only Win what you are prepared to Fight for...

I had an telephone call from someone; they said that they weren't getting Results and asked if I could give them any tips - my advice shocked them...

From the age of 3 until I was about 25 I would get severe Asthma brought on by the effects of me breathing in air borne grass pollen...

It was so severe that I would have to take tablets; Piriton from memory, and use a Ventolin Inhaler to ease the symptoms and have a series of injections too...

If you have never had Asthma try this simple demonstration to see how it feels. Take a single thin drinking straw, hold it in your mouth and then attempt to breathe in and out through it.

See how difficult it is...?

Now imagine having to live like that...

When it got really bad the only way I could breathe was through the flow of water ejected from the shower head in the bathroom - so I would spend nights kneeling at the side of the bath in a steam filled room breathing through the jets of warm water. The water and steam seemed to reduce the amount of pollen in the air and eventually eased my breathing.


I was the only child I knew that was prescribed playing the Trumpet by his Doctor - in order to strengthen my lungs and muscle control; I was also told that if I smoked it would kill me so I never did and to this day never have...

When I was on my knees snatching every breath I could, my only wish was that I could breathe. I didn't care about anything else, how my hair was, how my exams were going, if I was popular at school or what my career prospects were..

All I was focused on was being able to breathe - nothing else mattered. Sometimes I would pass out from a mixture of exhaustion and lack of oxygen, only to come round later and have to do it all again.  I used to look forward to passing out, at least it stopped fear and the fighting for a few minutes...


Success is like Oxygen...

I guarantee that if someone held your head underwater - your focus would be simple a clear. "How do I get air...?"

In fact you will fight with every last ounce of strength you have to gulp just one more breath of air - everything else will fade into insignificance...

You won't care what smart phone you have, how your hair looks or what car you think you deserve to drive, you won't be considering how much money you have in your account or even what your dress or waist size should be...

You will simply be fighting for that next breath so that the previous one doesn't become your last one...

This is focus and clarity combined and it is what you need in order to be successful and achieve your full potential... 

The number one reason that people don't achieve what they are truly capable of is because for them success is an optional extra...


Success is built in - not Bolted on...

Your success must be non-negotiable, it must be something that you will fight for as if your life depended on it - when you want success as much as I wanted air as a child, only then will you will achieve anything of significance...

How do you know when your Success is truly Non Negotiable...?

1. You stop blaming others for your results...

2. You will forget to eat for a few days at a time...

3. Work and Life merge & you discover that Caffeine rocks...

4. You forget to sleep and get up at 03.00 to write your Blog...

5. When you have NO alternative - your bridges are blown to bits...

6. When you take advice and guidance and drop the Ego...

7. When you are so scared you cry but decide to carry on...

8. When money becomes secondary to achievement...

9. You think going to the supermarket is a novelty...

10. You get rid of the TV and stop buying Newspapers...

If you are sleeping well, eating regularly and watching TV - you are simply not trying hard enough...

You haven't earned the right to Sleep, Eat and watch TV yet - so stop complaining about what isn't working and get on with it...


OR - you can Quit and pretend that it is just too hard...

Imagine having me as your Coach - where your Goals are non-negotiable, and I have more ambition for you and your business than maybe you do - think what we could achieve together...


Drop me a note to find out how it will be the best decision you ever make...

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post. Nice coincidence, ;-) Always find something new about you.

    ReplyDelete