Wednesday 19 February 2014

The 23 Best Excuses...

None of these Excuses are Allowed...

Working with People to enable them to achieve great Results, both personally and Professionally, I have become accustomed to hearing all types of Excuses that apparently get in the way of progress...

So much so that I sometimes give people a list of excuses that they are not allowed to use during their Program. So whilst this is just a bit of Fun; in reality I find that if people do away with the excuses, then their Results improve..

Strange that...

I recall as a young Operations Manager running a manufacturing business within a large group, the Chairman took me out for lunch one Friday and started the "conversation" by saying;

"In Business you can make either Money or Excuses - but you can't make both. Now, tell me; how's your next Quarter looking...?"



So, I thought that I'd share with you my "Top 23 Excuses" the most popular ones that get used by people when they don't want to achieve anything - and the same ones that I ban some of my Clients from using...

1. I don't have time - yes you do, you just spend too much time on FaceBook...

2. I need to think about it - you don't have the equipment for that; get on with it and trust your instincts...

3. That won't work in my business - if it did work in your business how would it look though...

4. My Business is special - no it's not, it's the same as everyone else's...

5. I forgot - then you are a Moose... 

6. I'm not a Sales Person - well you damn well need to be...

7. I'm too tired - sleep when your dead; drink some coffee..

8. I don't have a degree - who told you that you needed one of those...?

9. I'm too old - if you have a pulse then you are not too old...

10. I don't like Accounts - then hire an Accountant...

11. I'm scared of rejection - you're fired...

12. I had a tough childhood - you'll have a tough adulthood too if you don't  stop whining about it...

13. I am happy as I am - what would your wife say if I asked her the same question about being happy..?

14. I don't know how - it's called the Internet; go figure it out...

15. My Clients are tough - then add more value to them so the love you...

16. My Team sucks - you recruited them, trained them and led them; guess what, thats right; it's you not them...

17. I don't like reading - great, stay stupid, poor and miserable then...

18. I'm feeling poorly - not surprised, start eating right and get to the Gym...

19. Car broke down - then make more money and go get a better one..

20. I don't have the money - then stop using excuses 1 to 19 and go and sell something of value and get paid for it...

21. It's the weather - of course, people never buy when it's cloudy...

22. I'm on holiday - then cancel it and get your priorities right...

23. I know - yes, you are a genius; your balance sheet may disagree, however...

If you have any other ones worthy of adding to the list - then just drop me a note, be pleased to add to them...

Final thought...

How much more succesful could you be, or could your team be, if they didn't have these excuses to use...?

Have a great week...

Dave

2 comments: