Wednesday 26 March 2014

It Shouldn't Happen to a Coach...

...true life stories from our travels through life....

Moving to live in Las Vegas seemed like a bit of fun - so we sold up and took our business over the Pond..

I arrived 6 weeks before the family and had to find somewhere to live - didn't realise that Vegas was such a big town...

In the Hotel I was staying in - The Platinum, just off the Strip - I got talking to a guy at the Bar, as one does when in Vegas...

He was in Real Estate, and although originally from the deep south, knew the Las Vegas market well, or so it seemed...

After a few drinks, he decided to give me a piece of advice...

"Whatever you do, make sure you live in a Gay community....!"

Me - "Really...?"

"Yep, you'll be safe there and among like minded people, away from all the psycho's..."

Me - "I'm married with two kids...."

"Exactly, that's why you need to be in a protected area...."


That night I called Lynn and told her what advice I had been given, and that I would go to ReMax in the morning and see what I could find...
 

As an open / broad minded individual I saw no problem in principle with living in a Gay Community - live and let live and all that...

 






So off to ReMax I went...

When asked by the assistant if she could be of any help I said yes....

"I need a family size home in a secure Gay community..."

Her - "Really - why...?"

"Well it will be safer there and we will be with other like minded people away from the psycho's..."


Apparently - as the conversation developed - I leaned that there are no Gay communities in Las Vegas and in fact what had been described to me in a broad Southern Drawl was in fact a Gated Community...

Doh...!

So off to Summerlin we went  - and Slate Harbor Circle was our Las Vegas Home....

No comments:

Post a Comment