Sunday 10 August 2014

Why you should Listen to Stupid People not Richard Branson...

...at least for a while, at the beginning...

I have come to know myself well over the years - I know what I like, dislike am good at and areas for improvement...

I also know that I am a Contrarian - not Vegetarian, Pescetarian or Librarian...


From the Latin - Contra, opposite or against...


"...perversely inclined to disagree or do the opposite of what is expected or desired..."

Picture Credit - Evolution News 


Uncertain whether it's a Curse or a Gift, but having a default setting of "Objection.." has been great for my Business and Professional Development, and somewhat more interesting for my Personal Development...

Great fun at Parties - I have argued that the Moon is a man made satellite, motorbikes are safe and even that the global Banking and Financial system is well managed and under control...

The challenge is from time to time, is that I start to forget what my own philosophy actually is - I find myself disagreeing with Richard Branson in his Blogs, finding credibility in David Icke because he disagrees with Obama, Cameron and the Queen...

It can get pretty confusing sometimes...


My ability to see the opposite in all things enables me to;

1. Challenge the Status Quo - not the Rock Band, but the accepted norms of life and business...

Picture Credit - Virgin Media  


2. See through the B%$£@&it - simply not believing how "amazing" some people say they are has helped me avoid some sticky situations...

3. Do Crazy things - that others won't, take risks and go for opportunities that other can't see or choose not to go for...

It also means that I don't fit easily into groups, make an "interesting" team member and have to run my own business as no one else can employ me...

So - why should you listen to Stupid people...?

Simple - I have learned that the majority of successful people are Contrary - they go where the others don't to achieve what the others can't...

They are sometimes difficult or challenging to be around; they argue and fall out. They build relationships on trust not hype and will challenge the rules and regulations, building complete new paradigms as they do.

They are respected more than liked, admired more than befriended; they are solitary more than social.

They are Contrary to the norm - and likely so are you - if you find yourself itching to disagree with this Blog - congratulations, you prove the point...

Three Reasons to listen to the Stupid...


1. You will automatically NOT think like them and do the opposite - generally a very good thing...

2. It will cement your faith in what you know is the best way forwards - you will grow to trust yourself and form your own Philosophy...

3. By default you will align your self with Richard Branson - by disagreeing with the stupid, you align yourself with the intelligent...

Problem is if you listen to Richard Branson first - you will start to do the opposite and end up agreeing with the Stupid Ones...


Picture Credit - Denise Fay. 

Do it the other way round - find lots of idiots to speak with first, disagree with them and you'll be fine...

If they ask what you are doing speaking with them - tell them - "market research..." or "training..." 

Only when you have listened to the Stupid - will the intelligent make sense. 

Have a great week...

No comments:

Post a Comment