Friday 2 August 2013

Go ahead - Make my Day; a Sudden Impact...



It is now 09.27 on Friday 2nd August 2013 here in the Moselle Valley.

At 10.30 precisely a client of mine will be test driving a Jaguar F Type sports car at the Jaguar Land Rover Dealer in Trier, just over the border in Germany.

He chose this car as one of his goals back in January, he has transformed his business – August will be the best month he has ever had – so he booked the test drive.

Trier is about 1hr 20mins away from us, so yesterday I rode my bike (motor not pedal, I love my clients but there is a limit…) over to Trier, looked up the Jaguar Land Rover Dealer and wandered in…

I found a Sales Advisor, who fortunately spoke English – my German doesn’t extend to explaining what I was thinking...

Standing next to the fabulous V8 Sports Car, I explained that I’d like to arrange for a gift to be presented to my client when he arrived for his test drive – today at 10.30… 

This idea struck a chord with him and he quickly agreed to join my little scheme…

I went to the local supermarket and bought a bottle of Champagne, had it wrapped, too it back to the dealer with instructions to present it to my client when he arrived for his test drive. Today is a big day for him, I have seen the work he has put in to get this far, this is a day to remember…

As I went to leave, he saw that I was riding a Harley Davidson Night Rod Special – and he explained how he rode around California & Nevada for three weeks on a bike. Turns out that this was while we were living in Las Vegas, in fact he had been to Las Vegas and our had paths literally crossed in the Nevada Desert back in 2009. In fact he had been to Red Rock Harley Davidson in Las Vegas - where I bought my bike...

Also in 2009 in the Nevada Desert…

Last week I had an email from a friend of mine in the USA Mr Gene Page, in response to a Blog post that I had written. Gene and I met in the Nevada desert in 2009 too. He was stranded in a broken down Land Rover, and we were able to raise help and make sure he was “rescued” from the Christmas Tree Pass

Gene was the still photographer for the Movie Piranha 3D which was being shot at Lake Havasu, where London Bridge was transported to in the 1960’s – you can see some of Gene’s work by clicking on the LINK.. Don’t let the fact the Kelly Brook was the bikini clad star of the movie in any way persuade you...

Christmas Tree Pass is a gravel road that runs between Laughlin and Las Vegas, it is in the middle of nowhere and the temperatures in Laughlin have been known to reach 125 degrees – you really don’t want to be stuck out there.

We stopped and helped – Gene would have done the same for us and I’m sure most people would, but we took the opportunity to not only help, but to connect. Gene is mentioned in my book and, I have warned him that he will be appearing in the Blog too. 

Goosebumps…
So Gene, myself and the German salesman were in the Nevada desert at the same time, the salesman sells Land Rovers and Gene was driving one – or rather wasn’t  – now my client in Germany is test driving a Jaguar Land Rover and will be handed a bottle champagne by the biker salesman who was in the Nevada desert at the same time I was with Gene. 
Synchronicity… 
I have no idea what the effect will be when my client shows up at the Jaguar Dealer and receives his Champagne, we had no idea that we would connect with Gene in the middle of the desert – what I have come to learn is that the World for those who reach out is really small and interconnected, taking a minute to make someone’s day really does change the world for the better.

3 comments:

  1. So you can get clients F Type then, looks like I will have to get the wife on one of your 90 day planning workshops
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be fair he has done the work - I'm just the guide...
    But yes to teh 90 Day Planning...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not "just" the guide. An excellent guide.

    ReplyDelete